Antoine L. Battle
Why Hire Antoine as CTA’s Manager, Member Programs?
Antoine has demonstrated experience and skills as an excellent communicator, strategic thinker, and problem solver for membership-based organizations. Recognized as an emerging leader by the U.S. Department of State, Antoine has interacted with decision makers such as heads of state, ambassadors, Fortune 500 company CEOs, and university presidents.
In November 2021, he was selected as the Texas International Education Consortium’s inaugural Membership and Events Coordinator, leading the transition to a paid membership model and scaling virtual and in-person programming. Within his first two months at the organization, he organized and executed three virtual membership events:
- President’s Forum on Climate Solutions and Higher Education featuring Texas university presidents, heads of energy institutes, and speakers from the U.S. Department of State and USAID in which the role of universities as providers of cutting-edge research and a skilled labor force to provide solutions for the energy transition was discussed
- Adapting Study Abroad to COVID in which topics such as how to leverage technology with the Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) method was explained. This webinar featured the CEO of the Forum on Education Abroad.
- Open Doors Report: Interpreting Texas Trends. The Open Doors Report is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S Government and supported in its implementation by the Insitute of International Education (IIE).
Within his first six months at the Texas International Education Consortium, he established, planned, and executed the State of Texas’ first-ever “Texas Higher Education Booth” at NAFSA’s annual conference and expo, the world’s largest event for the international education community. For the first time in the consortium’s history, Texas higher education was represented collectively at NAFSA, and each participating member paid $3,900.00 to have their logos displayed on a retractable banner, promotional video shown on a 60-inch digital display, exclusive meeting space reserved, and access to matchmaking with international partners.
Antoine representing Texas, the second largest higher education market in the United States, at NAFSA 2022, the world’s largest international education conference
Membership programs, renewals, and growth snapshot
Membership Director, Young Professionals in Foreign Policy
- Transitioned the organization to Wild Apricot, which was used to track membership engagement, streamline the process of issuing invoices, automate membership renewal, manage event registrations, and issue membership communications
- Planned, organized, and hosted monthly membership events and programs including embassy and think tank discussions, new member orientations, book talks, and international study tours
- Created a membership engagement model that was replicated in the Brussels, Belgium chapter
Membership and Events Coordinator, Texas International Education Consortium
- Improved the membership tracking, invoicing, renewal system, and onboarding process within Monday.com, Smartsheet, Stripe, and the membership portal
- Grew membership engagement through doubling the amount of events, quadrupling the university contacts in the membership database, and data-driven outreach
- Launched the inaugural $130,000 Texas International Education Fund to provide grants for internationalization, study abroad development, and Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL)
How has Antoine engaged with technology events and leaders?
Antoine at The Business Roundtable’s CEO Innovation Summit while exploring augmented reality (AR)
Antoine meets Steve Demetriou, CEO of Jacobs Solutions, Inc., a Fortune 500 company
Antoine completes the inaugural Georgetown University and Florida International University International Business and Public Policy executive program in Miami, Florida and Washington, DC
Antoine meets the Costa Rican President and First Lady while in San, Jose Costa Rica for United Nations program. Costa Rica is a major technology center in Latin America.
Antoine with Florida International University Vice President and Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) Director at AIEA 2023 conference in Washington, DC
Technology companies are global. What international experience does Antoine have?
Antoine is a cross-culturally competent manager with a keen understanding of the forces and key players shaping globalization and how to adapt in our interconnected world. He has worked, taught, and led programs in numerous countries.
Antoine teaching in Cairo, Egypt
According to the 2021 Egyptian Startup Ecosystem Report, “Egypt has the fourth largest startup ecosystem on the continent by number of companies, behind only South Africa, Nigeria and Kenya. Egypt accounts for 19.8 per cent of the active tech startups across Africa.”